I’ve had “I Love It” by Icona Pop stuck in my head for most of this week, which is a clear indicator that it’s summer. Why? Because it just sounds like summer. It sounds like the perfect party song, that recognizable tune you hear blasting at graduation parties when the smell of the backyard barbecue permeates the air. It breathes life, and summer events are the very essence of life. Coincidentally, “I Love It” is also a song that has been deeply embedded into the far reaches of my psyche because I dared to see that Kevin Costner 3 Days to Kill movie once. In the film, the tune is used as a cell phone ringtone, so it plays often.
Editor’s Note: The above comments are in no way intended as an endorsement of 3 Days to Kill. The opinion of this writer is that said movie is “fun/bad,” the kind of movie you watch with a few buddies after a couple of beers. It won’t knock your socks off, but it might unintentionally make you laugh.
Now that I’ve related my penchant for Icona Pop, it’s time for the latest updates.
- I was interview in The Review Review.
- I reviewed Keanu a moon or two ago on Drunk Monkeys.
- A fiction piece of mine, “Following Orders,” was also featured on Drunk Monkeys.
- Issue 24 of Literary Orphans, Audrey, also hit the interwebz. It’s in reference to the man-eating plant from Little Shop of Horrors, and you can read why this was chosen as our orphan in the Letter From The Editor.
- A NONFICTION piece of mine will be featured on The Weeklings come July 7th! Woohoo!